As family members of a child attending CHUM Preschool, we encourage you to get involved with our Steering Committee. The Steering Committee is a group of parent volunteers that sponsors various activities throughout the year. Meetings are held monthly. Children are welcome at the meetings! Attending Steering Committee meetings is a great way to get to know what is going on in your child’s preschool as well as a wonderful opportunity to meet fellow parents.
The following is a list of some of the activities that the committee provides:
- Fall school pictures
- Hearing, vision, and speech screenings
- Thanksgiving Food Drive
- Christmas Giving Tree
- Teacher Appreciation Breakfast
- Teacher Birthdays – celebrated with homemade goodies
- End-of-year Events – ice cream days, special programs for the kids, & gifts for the teachers
- Fun Fair – This is the major fundraising activity of the preschool. This fair is how the Steering Committee makes the money to do the above projects, as well as buy items the preschool needs. It is a Friday night of fun for the whole family – games, food, silent auction items, crafts and prizes. Needless to say, to be successful, it takes many, many volunteers.
Meetings are held the first Tuesday or Wednesday of each month at 9:45 a.m. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or to volunteer if you cannot attend the scheduled meetings.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please look for us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/CHUMPreschool